À La Carte June 2019
Early menu (starter plus main) €27 per person * dishes marked with *
* Warm smoked Mackerel and potato salad, pickled samphire, beetroot, horseradish drizzle, pea shoots. €8.50
*Steamed mussels, white wine, vegetable julienne, cream and lovage. €8.50
*Crispy parcel of French brie, sweet onion & dried fig marmalade, mesclun salad. €9.50
* Soba noodles with sesame oil, slow roasted duck, star anise. €8.50
Sauté Squid and prawns, cha noodles, miso dressing, pickled carrots. €9.50
Pan fried Langoustines,crispy panchetta, pearl barley risotto, fermented black garlic and basil sauce. €13.50
Grilled half local Lobster, garden herb butter, mixed salad leaves. €16.00
Sautéed fillet of Plaice ‘matelot style’, baby leeks, streaky bacon,button mushroom, baby onions and red wine sauce. €26.00
Sautéed fillet of wild Irish Turbot and scallops, green asparagus, celeriac and mange tout julienne, lovage butter. €34.00
*Sautéed fillet of Hake, satay style, crispy onions, toasted peanuts, cauliflower puree and grilled florets. €23.90
*Chargrilled fillet of Sea Trout, aubergine caviar, garden herb dressing courgette and sugar snaps. €23.90
*Venison and red wine casserole, root vegetables baby onions and mushrooms. €24.90
*Pan fried Chicken supreme, baby parsnip, pumpkin seed, roast beetroot, Kinsale mead, cherry and nectarine sauce. €23.90
Sauté Irish Lamb cutlets and Kofta,roast red pepper, courgette, coriander, & spicy chickpea fricassee. €26.50
- All our fish and shellfish are Irish and local when possible,
- we use wild adult species and promote and prefer tangle netting fishing methods.
- All our beef, lamb, pork, chicken are local.
- Sauces are made using our own fresh stocks.
- All dishes are cooked to order.
- We forage when we have time.
- We love our professions, food, wine and kids.
- Lobster & crab, John O’ Brien, license no.C362 Old Head of Kinsale
- Oysters, Mussels & Scallops, Jamie Dwyer, Haven Shellfish, Kinsale
- Salad leaves, red cabbage, broccoli, leeks…Horizon farms,Dunderrow
- Lamb & Beef & Pork & Chicken (Irish) John Barrett’s butchers, Main Street, Kinsale
- Vegetables Keelings & Market garden, Pearse street, Kinsale
- Fish, Matt O’Connell Seafood, Cork.