We reopened on Monday 29th June -all is going well so far/our menu is ever changing for the moment as we work with suppliers to see what is available but we will endeavour to keep it as updated as possible/reservations recommended but walk-ins welcome/ our restaurant is spacious and bright and we are committed to giving as normal a service as possible while adhering to new guidelines/our menu is easily read on a mobile phone if you do not wish to handle a menu in the restaurant/we might be a little slower than normal as we adjust to new work practices so we thank you in advance for your patience.
À La Carte 21st September 2020
Early menu (starter plus main) €28 per person * dishes marked with *
Sauté Squid and prawns, green tea noodles, miso dressing, pickled carrots. €9.50
Pan fried Langoustines, crispy pancetta, pearl barley risotto, fermented black garlic and basil sauce. €13.50
Grilled half local Lobster, garden herb butter, mesculn salad. €15.00 (limited)
* Seafood chowder with mussels, lovage and ling, lobster based stock. €8.50
*Crispy parcel of French brie, sweet onion & dried fig marmalade, mesclun salad. €9.50
* Soba noodles with sesame oil, slow roasted Skeaghanore duck, star anise. €8.50
Pan fried Monkfish, ponzu glaze, red dilisk, sea lettuce, roast belgian chicory, French beans, sesame seed. €26.00
Grilled fillets of Sea Bass, purple sprouting broccoli, sea asparagus, cherry tomatoes, ginger butter. €26.00
*Pan fried medallions of fresh Pollock, pak choi,lobster oil, lemon verbena and ginger butter sauce €23.90
*Sautéed fillet of Hake, satay style, crispy onions,toasted peanuts, cauliflower puree and grilled florets. €23.90
*Slow cooked wild rabbit casserole in kinsale pale ale, with Nudja, lovage,moli, radish, baby onions and mushroom. €24.90
Sauté Irish Lamb cutlets and Kofta,roast red pepper, courgette, coriander, & spicy chickpea fricassee. €26.50
- All our fish and shellfish are Irish and local when possible,
- we use wild adult species and promote and prefer tangle netting fishing methods.
- All our beef, lamb, pork, chicken are local.
- Sauces are made using our own fresh stocks.
- All dishes are cooked to order.
- We forage when we have time.
- We love our professions, food, wine and kids.
- Lobster & crab, John O’ Brien, license no.C362 Old Head of Kinsale
- Oysters, Mussels & Scallops, Jamie Dwyer, Haven Shellfish, Kinsale https://www.havenshellfish.ie/
- Salad leaves, red cabbage, broccoli, leeks…Horizon Farm,Dunderrow https://www.facebook.com/Horizon-Farm-477551062398565/
- Lamb & Beef & Pork & Chicken (Irish) John Barrett’s butchers, Main Street, Kinsale
- Duck Skeaghanore West Cork farm https://skeaghanore.ie/
- Vegetables Keelings & Market garden, Pearse street, Kinsale
- Fish, Matt O’Connell Seafood, Cork https://www.facebook.com/mattoconnellseafoodscork/.