À La Carte April 2019
Early menu (starter plus main) €27 per person * dishes marked with *
*Warm smoked Mackerel and potato salad, pickled samphire, beetroot, horseradish drizzle, penny worth and lamb’s lettuce. €8.00
*Grilled mussels, garlic butter and breadcrumbs. €8.50
*Crispy parcel of French brie, sweet onion & dried fig marmalade, mesclun salad. €9.50
* Soba noodles with sesame oil, slow roasted duck, star anise. €8.00
Sauté Squid and prawns, cha noodles, miso dressing, pickled carrots. €9.50
Pan fried Langoustines,crispy panchetta, pearl barley risotto, fermented black garlic and basil sauce. €13.50
Saute fillet of John Dory, wilted baby spinach with shallots, green asparagus, blanc de blancs champagne sauce. €34.00
Grilled Whole Black Sole, garden herb butter, mixed salad. €28-€34 approx*
Pan fried Monkfish, ponzu glaze, roast butternut squash, french beans, sesame seed . €26.00
*Pan fried fresh Ling with panchetta, buttered Puy lentils, baby leek and flat parsley. €23.90
*Pan fried pavé of Venison (med-rare), baby sinach, Kinsale mead, shallot and mushroom sauce, carrot and beetroot glaze. €24.90
*Pan fried Chicken supreme, stem broccoli, elderberry sauce, roast beetroot, toasted pumpkin seed.. €23.90
Sauté Irish Lamb cutlets and Kofta,roast red pepper, courgette, coriander, & spicy chickpea fricassee. €26.50
- All our fish and shellfish are Irish and local when possible,
- we use wild adult species and promote and prefer tangle netting fishing methods.
- All our beef, lamb, pork, chicken are local.
- Sauces are made using our own fresh stocks.
- All dishes are cooked to order.
- We forage when we have time.
- We love our professions, food, wine and kids.
- Lobster & crab, John O’ Brien, license no.C362 Old Head of Kinsale
- Oysters, Mussels & Scallops, Jamie Dwyer, Haven Shellfish, Kinsale
- Salad leaves, red cabbage, broccoli, leeks…Horizon farms,Dunderrow
- Lamb & Beef & Pork & Chicken (Irish) John Barrett’s butchers, Main Street, Kinsale
- Vegetables Keelings & Market garden, Pearse street, Kinsale
- Fish, Matt O’Connell Seafood, Cork.