4th to the 20th December
all has be going well so far/our menu is ever changing for the moment as we work with suppliers to see what is available but we will endeavour to keep it as updated as possible/reservations recommended but walk-ins welcome/ our restaurant is spacious and bright and we are committed to giving as normal a service as possible while adhering to new guidelines/our menu is easily read on a mobile phone if you do not wish to handle a menu in the restaurant/we might be a little slower than normal as we adjust to new work practices so we thank you in advance for your patience.
Menu 2 course (starter plus main) €35 per person
Crispy parcel of French brie, sweet onion & dried fig marmalade, mesclun salad.
Soba noodles toasted sesame oil, slow roasted skeaghanore duck, star anise.
Sauté Squid and prawns, green tea noodles, miso dressing, pickled carrots.
Pan fried Langoustines, crispy pancetta, pearl barley risotto, fermented black garlic and basil sauce. €4 supplement
Pan fried Monkfish, ponzu glaze, red dilisk, sea lettuce, roast Belgian chicory, French beans, sesame seed.
Grilled fillet of Sea Bass, creamed and wild leeks, fried chorizo crumb, thyme roasted butternut squash.
Venison mixed plate, three cuts (med-rare) glazed carrot with beetroot syrup.
Sauté Irish Lamb cutlets and lamb Kofta, roast red pepper, courgette, coriander, & spicy chickpea fricassee.
- All our fish and shellfish are Irish and local when possible,
- we use wild adult species and promote and prefer tangle netting fishing methods.
- All our beef, lamb, pork, chicken are local.
- Sauces are made using our own fresh stocks.
- All dishes are cooked to order.
- We forage when we have time.
- We love our professions, food, wine and kids.
- Lobster & crab, John O’ Brien, license no.C362 Old Head of Kinsale
- Oysters, Mussels & Scallops, Jamie Dwyer, Haven Shellfish, Kinsale https://www.havenshellfish.ie/
- Salad leaves, red cabbage, broccoli, leeks…Horizon Farm,Dunderrow https://www.facebook.com/Horizon-Farm-477551062398565/
- Lamb & Beef & Pork & Chicken (Irish) John Barrett’s butchers, Main Street, Kinsale
- Duck Skeaghanore West Cork farm https://skeaghanore.ie/
- Vegetables Keelings & Market garden, Pearse street, Kinsale
- Fish, Matt O’Connell Seafood, Cork https://www.facebook.com/mattoconnellseafoodscork/.